Welcome to Smart Displays Australia.
The term ‘Smart Displays Australia’ or ‘us’ or ‘our’ or ‘we’ refers to Smart Displays Australia, the owner of the website, whose registered office is 92 626 458 240, Queensland. The term ‘you’ or ‘your’ refers to the website user.
Your use of this website is subject to the following terms and conditions:
- The content of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without prior notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the performance, accuracy, timeliness, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You hereby acknowledge that such information and materials may contain mistakes, inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude any liability for such to the fullest extent permissible by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the content, design, layout, appearance, look and graphics of the website. Any reproduction of the website’s material is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to us, are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorised use of this website may be a criminal offence and/or give rise to a claim for damages.
- This website may also, on occasion, include links to other websites which are not controlled by us. These links are provided for your convenience to provide you with further information. You acknowledge that they are used at your own risk. They do not signify that we recommend or endorse the websites. We have no control over the nature, content and availability of those websites.
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of your use of it is subject to the laws of Queensland.
- You may only use the website for lawful purposes and in a manner consistent with the nature and purpose of the website.
- These terms and conditions do not relate to your use of any product or service described on our website unless otherwise agreed. You must refer to the individual warranty relevant to any particular product or service.
- These terms and conditions may be amended from time to time. Your continued use of our website following any such amendments will be deemed to be confirmation that you accept those amendments.
- You indemnify us from and against all claims, suits, demands, actions, liabilities, costs and expenses (including legal costs and expenses on a full indemnity basis) resulting from your use of the website.
- In no event will we be liable for any loss, damage, cost or expense including legal costs and expenses (whether direct or indirect) incurred by you in connection with the use of this website.
- Every effort is made to keep the website up and running smoothly. However, we take no responsibility for, and will not be liable for, the website being temporarily unavailable due to technical issues beyond our control
Smart Displays Australia Pty Ltd. have adopted the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) contained in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (the Privacy Act). The APPs govern the way in which we collect, use, disclose, store, secure and dispose of your Personal Information. A copy of the Australian Privacy Principles may be obtained from the website of The Office of the Australian Information Commissioner at www.aoic.gov.au
What is Personal Information and what do we collect from you?
Personal Information is information or an opinion that identifies an individual. Personal Information is obtained through websites in many ways, including:
- Any forms that we publish that you choose to complete;
- Electronically, such as information you provide through our websites such as when you purchase our goods and / or services, register to receive our communications, enter into one of our competitions, visit our website or otherwise interact with us);
- By mailed correspondence, email, telephone and facsimile;
We collect your Personal Information for the primary purpose of providing our services to you, providing information to our clients and marketing. We may also use your Personal Information for secondary purposes closely related to the primary purpose, in circumstances where you would reasonably expect such use or disclosure. You may unsubscribe from our mailing/marketing lists at any time by contacting us in writing.
We also use a range of social media channels such as Facebook, YouTube and Instagram (“Social Media”). If you submit or post comments, images, tweets, recordings or other personal content for public display on Social Media, that information may be available for anyone in the world to read, view or comment on. You should check the Social Media’s website for their individual privacy policies. We may also collect data from Social Media to provide relevant marketing to you and to keep track of and get reports on how you interact with us on Social Media.
How do we use your Personal Information?
If you purchase goods or services online from us, we may use your personal information for the following purposes:
- to provide, and administer our provision of, goods and / or services, including verifying your identity; contacting you about your orders, freight and other arrangements; processing payments; training our staff; testing our systems; and managing your interaction with our suppliers;
- to provide and operate our promotions and events;
- to distribute our newsletters and other communications either ourselves or with the assistance of third party service providers;
- to conduct marketing activities for our goods and services, or goods and services of third parties, and to conduct market and other research to improve our supply of goods, services and our marketing activities;
- to maintain records and comply with our legal obligations; and
- for any other use that you authorise in writing.
The provision of personal information is optional. However, if you do not provide us with certain types of personal information, you may be unable to enjoy the full functionality of our website or purchase goods and / or services from us.
A cookie is a small piece of text sent to your browser by a website you visit. It helps the website to remember information about your visit and for us to gather information, such as collect statistical data. The insights we gather from this data are used to improve the existing content according to the needs and expectations of our website visitors. We do not use this information to personally identify you. You are ultimately in control of your browser’s dealings with cookies. Most browsers are by default set to accept cookies however, you may set your web browser to disable cookies when visiting our website. However, some website functions may be unavailable if you choose to do so.
Disclosure of Personal Information
We may disclose your personal information to suppliers and third parties that perform services for us in connection with our website and in connection with the sale and provision of our goods and / or services.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- to comply with our legal obligations;
- to comply with judicial proceedings or a court order;
- to assist in locating a missing person;
- to establish, exercise or defend a legal or equitable claim; or
- for the purposes of a confidential alternative dispute resolution.
Security of Personal Information
We take steps to ensure the security of this website. However, users are advised that there is always some risk when transmitting information across the Internet, including a risk that information sent to or from a website may be intercepted, corrupted or modified by third parties.
This website contains links to external websites. We recommend that you review the privacy policies of those external websites as we are not responsible for their privacy practices.
When your Personal Information is no longer needed for the purpose for which it was obtained, we will take reasonable steps to destroy or permanently de-identify your Personal Information, unless the information is part of a Commonwealth record or we are required by law or a court of tribunal order to retain that information. However, most of the Personal Information is or will be stored in client files which will be kept by us for a minimum of 7 years.
Your Personal Information will be held in or transferred to Australia for storage, processing and use by Smart Displays Australia Pty Ltd. Personal information transferred overseas is complied with our obligations under the APPs. We will not disclose your personal information for another purpose unless you have given consent or one of the exceptions under the Privacy Act applies. For example, we may disclose your personal information if authorised by Australian law or if necessary for law enforcement.
Access to your Personal Information
You may access the Personal Information we hold about you and to update and/or correct it, subject to certain exceptions. If you wish to access your Personal Information, please contact us in writing.
Smart Displays Australia Pty Ltd will not charge any fee for your access request, but may charge an administrative fee for providing a copy of your Personal Information.
In order to protect your Personal Information we may require identification from you before releasing the requested information.
Maintaining the Quality of your Personal Information
It is an important to us that your Personal Information is up to date. We will take reasonable steps to make sure that your Personal Information is accurate, complete and up-to-date. If you find that the information we have is not up to date or is inaccurate, please advise us as soon as practicable so we can update our records and ensure we can continue to provide quality services to you.
Deleting your Personal Information
You may contact us at any time and request your Personal Information to be deleted and we will take reasonable steps to destroy or permanently de-identify your Personal Information. Smart Displays Australia Pty Ltd requires your Personal Information to provide products and services. If you choose to delete your Personal Information we may be unable to provide these products and services to you.
This Policy may change from time to time and is available on our website.
Smart Displays Australia Pty Ltd